Thursday, September 2, 2010

Maybe not perfect

Of course a couple weeks after I post about how I feel so much better living in LA, I get the stomach flu and can honestly say that I think I lost some weight.

This is the almost the worst possible time for me to get sick. Worse would be after I had a job or on a day I needed to move into a new apartment. Still being unable to get out of bed means that I haven't looked for an apartment or job in three days.

Whatever. Being too sick to move makes you realize you need to slow down at time whether you want to or not.

Meanwhile I've been working on my Script Frenzy screenplay. It might have something to do with being in Los Angeles or maybe I just like the story enough that I actually want to see it through. I'm reading Essentials of Screenwriting and it is somewhat depression to discover that even if you sell a screenplay, it doesn't mean a studio will produce it, or if they do, that they will release it. Meh. This whole concept is a bit of a leap from theatrical design, but I'm slowing finding overlap, particularly in revision. I was going to have the revision done by the end of August, but losing that one day and the fact I feel like I should be sleeping right now instead of writing this put a slight crimp on that.

It's also two months before National Novel Writing Month begins. I will complete it for the second time this year and hopefully it won't suck like last year's did. The event founder writes in his book that you should avoid trying to write a 'good' book and try to write a 'not horrible' book. I'm going for that this year. We will see what happens as I argue with my plot.
-X

Essentials of Screenwriting: The Art, Craft, and Business of Film and Television WritingNo Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

}