Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Home, For Now

Well I'm at home. I officially had a lot more crap than my brother's did when they moved back from college. The trailer we rented was almost too small to fit it all. Then on the trip home I ditched my parents, who were pulling the trailer and beat them home by a half an hour.
The last couple of days haven't been too bad, other than the sad agreement that we are all fat and pictures of us will be taken in a month at my brother's wedding. I gained weight during my two months of unemployment and was at highest I've been in four years. It's already going as I tend, for some reason to be more active when I'm by myself. Also my mother is doing South Beach and my father is doing a lite Atkins so the food here is a little bit healthier.
Though I need to pause that thought to complain about the "low fat" Velveeta macaroni and cheese. It sucks.
As I was saying they are dieting and my mother and I are attempting to go on walks everyday. This week I need to be fitted for a tux as I am playing the role of a usher. We have to get fit somewhere local and send the measurements to Michigan where we are actually renting the tuxes from, my brother of course did not choose a chain store so it's going to be a bit awkward.
I'm still planning to find a job in a major "not DC area" city. I just need to convince my parents that the idea isn't completely stupid and that it will go much better if they assist me.
And if they don't. I'll do it anyway.
-X

No comments:

Post a Comment

}