Monday, June 29, 2009

Explosions are Cool

A Fourth of July fireworks display at the Wash...Image via Wikipedia

It's almost the 4th of July and according to me that means fireworks. Now of course this year I'm going to be busy moving, but I've been holding on to some fireworks that I'm not suppose to have in this state and am planning to set off as soon as possible.

I am not a fan of regulating fireworks. They explode and look pretty, two thing I like, but for some reason people have a problem with them. You have to be careful with them, most people think of them as toys when they should really be thought of as a small erratic firearm or explosive, and if your are they are a nifty way to celebrate just about anything.

I've heard of horror stories, such as a couple of years ago in Vienna, VA when the official town fireworks fell over and began shooting at the crowd, and I will never forget that for several years my hometown display involved shrapnel falling on our heads (that's okay though, my hometown is pretty small and has always put on a massive display that trumps some unnamed city (cough Detroit cough) displays).

I really need to become a certified pyrotechnician. I think I can then have as many fireworks as I want. Downside is you apparently need to fill out a lot of paperwork so they know you aren't trying to explode people or anything.

Well, I posted something. I feel good about myself.
-X

No comments:

Post a Comment

}