Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Waiting: Good Idea or Bad Idea

A week or so ago I applied for several jobs. They are very much the type of jobs I am looking for, ones that I qualify for and understand what the responsibilities are.

I'm waiting to hear back from them. They are academic jobs, which have a certain deadline so for at least one of them I can't expect to hear from them until after September 11th, I'd guess the week after sometime, if they chose to contact me.

So now I'm debating whether or not to look for other jobs while I wait. Logic says I should, but it is so exhausting looking online for jobs. I don't even want to talk about it right now. I am writing this blog post to prevent myself from looking at jobs right now.

Yeah, it sounds really whiny, but if you haven't been looking in a while I need to update you on the feeling you get. The sheer boredom combines with the endless possibilities and eventually leads to your ass hurting from sitting down for so long, or in my case my back because I don't have anywhere to sit in my room, so I'm lying on my bed which I spend most my day because I'm unemployed and don't have enough room in here for a goddamn chair and therefore may not be able to sleep tonight, that is if I ever get fucking tired because I barely got out of bed today.

I have a mild case of cabin fever. I usually keep it down by going to the movies, something I learned to do last year, but this year I don't really have money so I kind of feel guilty about going. This week there was nothing I really wanted to see so I didn't and now everything from my sleep schedule to my back is fucked. The sleep schedule thing is because I actually get up to go to the movie, if I don't have a reason to get up I don't until noon.

I'm really sick of this.
-X


No comments:

Post a Comment

}