Friday, January 15, 2010

Brainstorming

I'm trying to come up with a plot for... I don't know. I just feel like it. Sadly, I'm very attention deficit so I'm not making head way.

I find myself wanting to write a story that is a bit more realistic. Something in the vein of Bones or Castle. Less serious crime drama. Kind of like Burn Notice or Leverage, but with a greater focus on the villain(s). The idea I have is a guy who considers himself a supervillain in a normal world. Supervillain because of the amount of power he has, not because of the whole evil deal. I picture him doing illegal things for mostly good reasons and not being unduly cruel to his underlings. He emerging from another character I designed - my Marty Sue for most of the shows listed above. He's been around my head for a couple of years so I really want to get him out, but I have too much pride to actually write fanfiction.

Really, I have a good idea about my main character/villain, my problem is the organization. I want a bunch of loosely affiliated college students, maybe a few high schoolers, as his organization but I'm having trouble with the original recruits. The later ones are obvious, they are scout my current members but what reason does my character have for starting it in the first place. I want it to be something he stumbles into, not something he specifically decides to do.

Enough procrastination for today. Time to do something... not procrastinaty...
-X

No comments:

Post a Comment

}