Monday, February 1, 2010

Damn those dirty rules

So today I had my first physical therapy appointment. I received instructions on exercises and was actually given rules for the wrist brace. Specifically I have to wear it all the time. I assume they don't mean while sleeping (ain't happening), eating (don't want to clean it), or anytime that is inconvenient to me (just about any time).

I knew I wasn't wearing it as much as I should but it is really annoying to be unable to use your wrist and if you can't use your wrist you use your arm instead which is why my shoulder now hurts. We will see how this continues. It will be interesting to see if I can draw with my hand in a brace. It might actually help me - you are supposed to use more of an arm motion then a wrist motion, anyway we just learn bad habits as kids thinking that drawing is the same as writing.

I guess I should also mention that I'm coming up to both my one hundredth post and my one year anniversary of blogging. I considered trying to match the two events up, but I highly doubt that I can go for a month and a half and only post eight times.

So, are you going to get me a present?
-X

No comments:

Post a Comment

}